Burghley House and Stamford
BELTON HOUSE, GRANTHAM
THE WORKHOUSE, SOUTHWELL
A workhouse for the Victorian poor built in 1824 and in operation until 1929.
Chatsworth is home to the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire and has been passed down through 16 generations of the Cavendish family.
A village that isolated itself from the outbreak of the plague in 1665. For fourteen months no one was allowed to enter or leave the village. A boundary stone (see below) a half mile outside of town marked the spot where nearby villagers could leave goods and services for the people in Eyam. Divits carved in the stone were filled with vinegar and coins were dropped in for payment. Eyam lost 260 people of their 600 total (estimated) but the isolation prevented the spread of the disease to nearby villages and surrounding areas. An incredible sacrifice!
YORK (NEW YORK'S NAMESAKE)
HARLAXTON VILLAGE (CONTINUED)
BRONTE BIRTHPLACE IN THORNTON & PARSONAGE IN HAWORTH